The tuition fees for 2023/24 (Full time) is: HKD $238,000 (provisional)
- Professional Development Incentive Grant Scheme for Language Teachers
The MA in Linguistics programme is a recognized programme included in the Government of HKSAR’s Standing Committee on Language Education and Research (SCOLAR) List of recognized English language major degree programmes. We are also included in the list of “Programmes Accepted for Grants under the Professional Development Incentive Grant Scheme for Language Teachers”. Relevant applicants may go to this page for more information.
In 2022, the Department of Linguistics of the School of Humanities established a scholarship to support full-time outstanding Master of Arts in Linguistics students. The Scholarship shall be awarded from the academic year 2022-23 under the following regulations:
- The Scholarship shall be known as “Entrance Scholarship for Master of Arts in Linguistics”.
- Up to two scholarships shall be awarded annually to full-time students of the Master of Arts in Linguistics programme (hereafter, the Programme) to attract high-calibre students, on the basis of academic merit and interview performance.
- The value of each award shall be equivalent to 50% of the total value of the awardee’s tuition fee.
- The Scholarship shall be tenable for one year.
- In the event of there being no suitable applicant in any year, no awards shall be made.
The Scholarship cannot be held concurrently with any other scholarships administered by the University.